Pages

Saturday 3 January 2015

2014; a vintage year

Ah, in the blink of an eye 2014 was gone and 2015 is charging eagerly ahead. I'm always one to get sucked into buying a nice new note book and writing very neatly some utterly unattainable resolutions. But 2014 has been an absolute vintage year, and I'm actually keener to look back on it in awe than to wipe the slate clean and start again. Here's why…


- I ran my first half marathon. This time last year I'd just started my proper half marathon training, and the finish line seemed so far away, on so many levels.
- I ran my second half marathon. …and it was totally different. On so many levels!
- I got my barcode scanned by PSH CBE at the end of my 50th parkrun at Bushy's 10th anniversary. If you know parkrun, you'll understand quite how amazing it was.

- I ran a marathon.

It feels almost wrong just typing that. But yes, I actually did it. It was one of the best experiences of my life.

- I finished uni. Finally. For one reason or another, I've been at uni a full 8 years since I left school. I've got 3 degrees. Don't ask. But it's finally over.
- I got a job. Hooray!! Starting the job is a story for 2015 (eek!), but I'm pretty darn pleased with the post I landed.
- I waved goodbye to flat sharing. I loved living with my sister and her boyfriend (and their cat), we made a happy quartet. But I love living with just my lovely man, all by ourselves, out in the quiet suburbs.
- I started learning how to sew. I discovered that I enjoy making dresses way more than buying them. And that making a dress for each new event is deeply addictive.
- I also discovered vegan food. …and that it is a) really nice and b) makes you feel amazing. Meat is something we mostly save for weekends now. I rave about quinoa and chia seeds and tofu and almond milk. I have morphed into something I never thought I would become…

So, 2014 was a totally epic year. But I'm stupidly excited about 2015. Because now I know I can do all those awesome things, I have the confidence to go out and do even more awesome things. Like triathlon...

No comments:

Post a Comment